At MyCare Express Clinic, we are always looking for ways to better provide patients with convenient healthcare services. We are proud now to offer ultrasound services at our Clinic! An ultrasound, or sonography, is a great way for our physicians to safely get a glimpse of the body’s internal structures, helping accurately diagnose and treat various diseases or conditions.
What is an Ultrasound?
An ultrasound is a safe imaging procedure that uses high-frequency sound waves to get a glimpse at specific organs or structures within the body. A simple hand-held device, called a transducer, is placed on the skin over the area to be examined. The sound waves travel through soft tissue and fluids and bounce back after meeting a denser surface, resulting in an image on the screen. While it seems similar to an x-ray, the procedure does not expose you to any radiation.
Ultrasounds Offered at MyCare Express Clinic
The professional medical staff at MyCare Express Clinic can provide the following ultrasound services:
- Abdominal Exams (Kidneys, Gallbladders, Livers, Spleens, Pancreas, & Aorta/IVC)
- Thyroid Exams (Hypothyroidism, Hyperthyroidism, Neck Masses, Goiters, Thyroid Disease, Nodules & Cysts)
- Obstetric Exams (Pregnancy Confirmation; Gender Reveals; 1st, 2nd & 3rd Trimester; Size & Dates; Fetal Dopplers; & Level 2 Surveys)
- Gynecological Exams (Pelvic, Trans-abdominal, Trans-vaginal, Fibroids, IUD Placement Checks, Irregular Cycles, Heavy Bleeding, Menorrhagia, Ovarian Cysts & Polyps)
- Breast Ultrasounds (Unilateral or Bilateral)
- Renal / Renal Doppler
- Follicular Studies & Infertility Evaluations
- Vascular Studies (Venous / DVT, Fistula, Arteries, Carotid, & Aortic Aneurism)
At this time, we do not offer echo ultrasounds. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Ultrasound appointments are currently unavailable. Appointments will resume by mid-July. We apologize for any inconvenience.