When skin becomes inflamed, you may notice a change in skin color or texture. This is usually the result of a rash, which can have many causes including heat, drug reactions, plants and much more. Skin irritations, or rashes, should be treated immediately especially when they are related to heat, poison ivy, diapers or allergies.
At MyCare Express Clinic, we understand the importance of being seen by a medical staff member in urgent situations related to a rash, which is why we do not make you wait in line like other urgent care centers or emergency rooms. As a walk-in clinic, we do not require an appointment, however, if you would like immediate treatment for a rash.
Common Rash Types are:
- Seborrheic Dermatitis – This is the most common rash type among adults. It has an itchy complex and can be found on the scalp, cheeks, forehead and ears.
- Atopic Dermatitis – This is most commonly known as eczema and is found in both children and adults. Eczema can be red and itchy and can be located anywhere on the body.
- Contact Dermatitis – This comes from contact with a specific chemical that causes an allergic reaction. For example: poison ivy, poison sumac or poison oak. This rash can produce a very itchy surface and oozy substance.
- Diaper Rash – Most common in infants, it can be present in adults as well. This rash occurs when urine and/or feces come in contact with the skin for too long.
- Drug Related Rash – Antibiotics and other prescribed or over-the-counter drugs may leave a rash on your body. This rash is similar in features as the common viral infection rash.
- Hives – Red, itchy bumps that typically resolve themselves within 24 hours.
- Heat Rash – When the sweat ducts get clogged during hot temperatures or humid weather, the skin can erupt into tiny clusters that resemble pimples or small blisters. This is known as a heat rash. The best treatment for this is to move to a cooler area, particularly indoors, and apply hydrocortisone cream.