Bronchitis is more frequent during the cold and flu season and tends to develop after a common cold or other upper respiratory infection. The symptoms include painful coughing, wheezing, fever, chills, muscle aches, sore throat, nasal congestion or fatigue.
It’s important to see a medical professional to determine if you have bronchitis and not pneumonia.
When diagnosing and treating bronchitis, the medical provider at MyCare Express Clinic may:
- Order and perform a chest X-ray on-site
- Take a sputum culture to test for the presence of bacteria
- Perform a pulmonary function test to check for signs of asthma or emphysema
- Prescribe appropriate medications to help suppress coughing and wheezing, reduce fever, and ease muscle aches
- Monitor your symptoms to ensure you are responding to treatment
You can also receive treatment for pneumonia at MyCare Express Clinic. The symptoms of pneumonia include shaking chills followed by a high fever, chest pain, coughing, nausea or shortness of breath. Pneumonia, in extreme cases, can be life threatening, but many patients often don’t require hospitalization.
The treatment for pneumonia varies by patient as doctors consider age, general health, and how the patient contracted the infection.
You are urged to seek medical attention if you believe you have pneumonia. The sooner you receive treatment, the sooner you will feel better with less risk of complications.
If you require pneumonia treatment, the doctors at MyCare Express Clinic may:
Back to Services